Salary: £25,000-33,000 DOE.
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a successful MSP based in the beautiful city of York in the Recruitment of an experienced 2nd line support engineer on a full-time, permanent basis due to continued growth and projects.
Our clients work with organisations of all sizes, from small family businesses to large multi-national corporations Assisting with jobs of all sizes, from fixing existing unreliable or inefficient systems to designing and implementing entirely new IT systems. They pride themselves in providing professional, experienced, and up to date advice in a friendly and hassle-free manner!
It’s a rare opportunity to join the team in this well established friendly business where the team members rarely leave! They pride themselves on having a fantastic office environment, where everyone feels valued and supported. They are looking for someone to complement their team with plenty of experience at 2nd line level and excellent networking skills who will be happy to share their wisdom with others in the team. Your time would be spent between their office and visiting customers onsite so excellent communication skills and a friendly nature would be essential. A role with plenty of variety is on offer with project work, mentoring and some account management including in your role.
- At least 4 years experience in an IT 2nd line support position with strong networking skills.
- Enjoy building strong client relationships.
- Enjoy working with and being part of a team.
- An ability and willingness to share knowledge and mentor others.
- Confident at working alone when required.
- Good communicator with the ability to clearly understand customer requirements
- Is skilled in troubleshooting, taking ownership of and resolving cases and in keeping the client informed.
- Have a driving license. (Travel to Customer onsite required, 90% of whom are based in York)
You will have experience with the below technologies:
- Good understanding of networking. Including VPN/VLAN/ACL
- Microsoft Windows Servers
- Microsoft Windows Desktop 10/11
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory including In-Tune and MDM
- Migration from On-Premise Exchange to Microsoft 365
- Migration from On-Premise file sharing to Microsoft Share point
- Virtual Machine setup and configuration. Hyper-V / VMWare
What would make you stand out?
What’s in it for you?
- Salary £25,000- £33,000 depending on experience
- Competitive pension
- Healthcare Included (after successful probation period)
- Free onsite parking, easy to access location on outskirts of York
- Joining a team where people have longevity in their roles, the team members enjoy working there and feel valued.
- Out of hours on-call bonus rota after 6 months’ probation