Job Title: 2nd Line Support Engineer
Hours: Full Time -Permanent
Location: York, Yorkshire
Salary: £21,000 – £26,000 p.a + Benefits – DOE
Our clients are searching for a full-time self-motivated 2nd Line Support Engineer looking to take the next step and become an integral part of the business as it continues to grow and moves forward.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in an expanding business with fantastic opportunities for development. To excel in this position, you’ll appreciate that it’s important to put a personal face to IT support, considering effective communication the best way to form great customer relations, succeed as an engineer and consequentially deliver the best outcome for both the business and clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of client networks, equipment, software and services as listed below either remotely (from office) or onsite at the client’s premises.
- 2 years’ experience in an IT service desk or helpdesk role.
- Experience with Networks such as Site to Site VPN, Client VPN, Port Forward, VLan, Wan config, DHCP, DNS
- Experience with Windows operating systems, server, Active Server (including Azure).
- Experience with Networking Products including Draytek, Unifi, Netgear and HP.
- Experience with Backup Technologies including Veeam, Windows BackUp, Backup Exec and others
- Ability to document and communicate technical aspects of work undertaken with both the team and customers.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methods of working.
- Self-disciplined, able to prioritise and an ability to communicate well as part of a team
- Essential to have a Full Clean Driving Licence
What will make you stand out:
- Experience building computers and dealing with computer hardware
- Experience troubleshooting customer and user issues, including hardware
- Experience dealing with a helpdesk ticketing system (RMA)
- Experience with systems including VOIP, Cisco, CCTV and Network Cabling
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pension
- Free onsite parking, easy to access location on outskirts of York
- Joining a friendly team with longevity in their roles.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***