Job: 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 p.a DOE
Location: Dinnington, Sheffield.
Verus has the pleasure of supporting a well-established IT managed service provider in the South Yorkshire area. Due to continued demand and growth within the business, we are now supporting the recruitment of an experienced 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
You will be working within a team dedicated to supporting their customers on a variety of operating systems and hardware and will deal with 3rd line technical incidents and requests from their external clients.
You will be mainly based in the office on the helpdesk supporting the remote customers, but with the nature of the job and the support required, there will also be an element of onsite work.
The nature of the support you will provide can range from server and application outages to maintaining and improving clients’ systems and environments, it will also involve dealing with escalations from 1st and 2nd line engineers.
Because of this, we are looking for someone with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and cloud technologies, along with a strong understanding of networking.
- Deal with escalation from 1st and 2nd line engineers.
- Support all customers in a customer-centric and professional manner.
- Self-audit all tasks and ensure it meets all technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, always maintaining a clean work environment.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- You must have previous experience as a 3rd Line Engineer or experience in a similar role.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and your own vehicle. (Due to onsite work)
- Have experience with ticketing systems/ remote support software.
- Ability to take direction from team leader/management and execute work in an efficient manner.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of active directory.
- Strong understanding of Office 365, its applications and cloud services.
- High level of knowledge in networking (DHCP & DNS).
- A solid understanding of InTune, AutoPilot and Azure.
- Knowledge of hardware firewalls, such as WatchGuard and Fortinet.
- Knowledge of virtualisation infrastructure.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training.
- Possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Be a team player.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary between £28,000 – £32,000 p.a based-on skills and experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Personal wage structured reward scheme.
- Perks Scheme includes discounts at major retailers.
- Regularly salary reviews.
- Quarterly social events.
- A supporting and friendly team.
- Excellent location just off the M1.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords – IT Helpdesk Engineer, IT Service Desk, IT Service Desk Technician, Service Desk Engineer, IT Engineer, Helpdesk Technician, IT Engineer, ICT Technician, IT Technician, IT Support, IT Analyst, 1st Line Engineer, 2nd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Technician, 3rd Line Engineer, IT Systems Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Sheffield, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire, Derbyshire,