Job Title: 5/6 Axis CNC / CMM Operator
Sector: Aerospace, Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £35,533 (Including shift premium)
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: 3 Shift pattern Mornings, Afternoon and Nights.
Are you an experienced 5 or 6 Axis CNC Operator with a passion for aerospace engineering?
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace manufacturer in the Recruitment of an experienced 6 Axis CNC/CMM Operator on a full-time, permanent basis due to continued growth and projects.
As my client’s CNC/CMM Operator, you would be responsible for all aspects of the CMM operation, calibration and 6 Axis CNC machining on manufactured parts in the Fabrications department, ensuring that parts are compliant with the requirements, drawings, and specifications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will visually and dimensionally inspect work in progress and finished parts, making sure they meet internal and customer specifications.
- Work to routing instructions, technique sheets and Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s).
- Conduct inspections using manual inspection methods (Vernier, Micrometer, plug gauges etc.)
- Be a fully skilled machine operator in all aspects of 6 Axis CNC Milling and/or turning.
- Be able to understand and interpret Customer Specifications and Technical drawings.
- Ensure all operations are completed. Making sure they conform to route card requirements and are logged correctly.
- Report any non-conforming parts through the correct process.
- Ensure parts are identified to customer requirements using various part marking methods.
- Other duties as assigned, requested or needed.
- Proven track record in either 5 or 6 Axis CNC Milling position.
- Ideally 3 years of experience in Aerospace or similar sector.
- Experience with inspection methods (Vernier, Micrometer etc.)
What would make you stand out? (Desirable)
- Use CMM inspection methods to inspect components. Ensuring that all equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Ability to interoperate CMM reports.
- Knowledge of NAS9100 requirements
- Aerospace experience would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a starting salary of £34,166 on 2 shifts (Includes a 12.5% shift increase) Increasing to £35,533 on 3 shifts once training is complete (includes a 17% shift premium)
- 37 hours a week with a short day Friday. (Or 4 days on nights)
- 185 hours of holiday to book with the opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours every March.
- All bank holidays on top of the above. Christmas closedown where no holiday leave needs to be used – it is paid for on top of holiday entitlement which equates to an additional 3 days holiday.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- A well-equipped Employee Assistance Programme including counselling with up to 2 rounds of 6 personal sessions a year.
- YuLife app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets/Halfords/Argos/ASOS/IKEA/B&Q at the touch of a button.
- 5% company contribution Pension (with the opportunity to match or contribute more if you want)
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife ap.
- Bravo benefit discounts on gym memberships/shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars.
- Critical Illness Cover.
- 3 Shift pattern Mornings, Afternoon and Night shift pattern.
For more information, please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: CNC, CMM, Engineering, CNC Miller, Milling, 5 axis milling, 5 axis, 6 axis, Aerospace, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Doncaster, Worksop, Mansfield, Derby, Barnsley, Rotherham, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire.