Job Title: 5/6 Axis CNC / CMM Operator
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £32,925.30 p.a including Shift Premium
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: Full-time, Mornings & Afternoons, Permanent
Are you an experienced 5 or 6 Axis CNC Operator with a passion for aerospace and automotive engineering?
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace & automotive manufacturer in the Recruitment of an experienced 6 Axis CNC/CMM Operator on a full-time, permanent basis due to continued growth and projects.
As my client’s CNC/CMM Operator, you would be responsible for all aspects of the CMM operation, calibration and 6 Axis CNC machining on manufactured parts in the Fabrications department, ensuring that parts are compliant with the requirements, drawings and specifications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will visually and dimensionally inspect work in progress and finished parts, making sure they meet internal and customer specifications.
- Work to routing instructions, technique sheets and Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s).
- Conduct inspections using manual inspection methods (Vernier, Micrometer, plug gauges etc.)
- Be a fully skilled machine operator in all aspects of 6 Axis CNC Milling and/or turning.
- Be able to understand and interpret Customer Specifications and Technical drawings.
- Ensure all operations are completed. Making sure they conform to route card requirements and are logged correctly.
- Report any non-conforming parts through the correct process.
- Ensure parts are identified to customer requirements using various part marking methods.
- Other duties as assigned, requested or needed.
- Proven track record in either 5 or 6 Axis CNC Milling position.
- Ideally 3 years of experience in Aerospace or similar sector.
- Knowledge of NAS9100 requirements.
- Experience with inspection methods (Vernier, Micrometer etc.)
What would make you stand out? (Desirable)
- Use CMM inspection methods to inspect components. Ensuring that all equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Ability to interoperate CMM reports.
- Faro Arm experience.
- Aerospace experience would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a starting salary of £32,925.30 including a 12.5% shift premium.
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance: 185 hours, plus bank holidays and an extra 3 days over Christmas.
- Working for a fantastic global engineering business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
- Mornings and Afternoon shift pattern.
For more information, please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: CNC, CMM, Engineering, Faro Arm, Aerospace, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Doncaster, Worksop, Mansfield, Derby, Barnsley, Rotherham, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire.