Job Title: Aerospace CNC machinist (Turning)
Sector: Aerospace, Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £35,533 (Including shift premium)
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: 3 Shift pattern Mornings, Afternoon and Nights.
Are you an experienced CNC turning operative looking for a new challenge in Aerospace engineering?
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace & automotive manufacturer in the recruitment of an experienced CNC Turner on a full-time, permanent basis due to continued growth and projects.
As my client’s CNC Operator, you would be responsible for the daily setup and operation of one or more CNC machines. You will ensure that parts made are compliant in line with the requirements, drawings and specifications.
An opportunity to join a friendly supportive team with a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and healthcare included amongst other benefits.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Load, run and operate CNC Turning machines and supporting processes.
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation or work, including relevant safety equipment and protective clothing provided.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for inspection of completed operations using equipment such as CMM and manual gauge tooling.
- Qualification in CNC operation, apprenticeship trained OR industry experience.
- Able to use measuring equipment – Verniers, Gauges, and Micrometers.
- Experience in following written instructions from SOPs, Technique sheets, drawings, and specifications.
- Have experience working in a CNC role in Aerospace or similar sector.
- Be a team player.
What would make you stand out? (Desirable)
- CMM experience.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a starting salary of £34,166 on 2 shifts (Includes a 12.5% shift increase) Increasing to £35,533 on 3 shifts once training is complete (includes a 17% shift premium)
- 37 hours a week with a short day Friday. (Or 4 days on nights)
- 185 hours of holiday to book with the opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours every March.
- All bank holidays on top of the above. Christmas closedown where no holiday leave needs to be used – it is paid for on top of holiday entitlement which equates to an additional 3 days holiday.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- A well-equipped Employee Assistance Programme including counselling with up to 2 rounds of 6 personal sessions a year.
- YuLife app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets/Halfords/Argos/ASOS/IKEA/B&Q at the touch of a button.
- 5% company contribution Pension (with the opportunity to match or contribute more if you want)
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife ap.
- Bravo benefit discounts on gym memberships/shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars.
- Critical Illness Cover.
- 3 Shift pattern Mornings, Afternoon and Night shift pattern.
For more information, please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: CNC, CMM, Engineering, CNC Turner, CNC Turning, Turner, Aerospace, Lathe, Lathes, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Doncaster, Worksop, Mansfield, Derby, Barnsley, Rotherham, Derbyshire, Yorkshire.