Job Title: Aerospace Painter
Sector: Aerospace Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £31,877.20 Including Shift Premium
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Shifts: Mornings & Afternoons
Are you adept with a paint gun, detail-oriented, and committed to the highest quality of work in the Engineering sector?
We believe we have a fantastic opportunity for an Aerospace Painter who excels in both independent and collaborative environments, ready to take on the challenge of upholding stringent quality standards in the preparation and painting of aerospace components.
What you will be doing:
- Surface Preparation and Painting: You will be tasked with applying various paints and coatings to sheet metal components, ensuring the highest level of adhesion and finish is achieved.
- Collaborative Workflow Management: You’ll work closely with teams to uphold efficient processes and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Safety Protocol Adherence: You must follow stringent safety guidelines, utilise PPE effectively, and maintain an organised, hazard-free workspace.
- Quality Control: You will carry out meticulous inspections of the final products to ensure they conform to the specified quality standards in colour, texture, and thickness.
- Technical Compliance: Adhering to detailed technical instructions is crucial for paint applications to ensure they follow industry standards.
- Documentation: It’s essential to maintain precise records of all painting jobs, detailing materials used and any issues that arise.
- Equipment Maintenance: Regular cleaning and maintenance of painting equipment is required to ensure it remains in optimal working condition.
- Continuous Improvement: You should remain abreast of industry developments and innovative painting techniques.
We are looking for a competent Aerospace Painter, someone who combines practical skill with technical knowledge to contribute meaningfully to the field of aerospace manufacturing. The role suits a candidate who not only has proficiency in painting but also brings experience, an eye for detail, and a team-oriented mindset that supports our client’s dedication to maintaining high-quality standards and results.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Specialist Painting Knowledge: A minimum of two years experience in aerospace painting, showcasing a successful history within this specialism or a comparable field that demands precision.
- Productivity and Quality Focus: A proven capability in achieving production goals while delivering work of exceptional quality on intricate aerospace parts.
- Detail-Oriented Application: Proficiency in the application of various surface treatments, using an array of tools and methods to ensure the highest standards are met.
- Procedure and Safety Adherence: Knowledge of various painting and coating systems, including adherence to safety protocols and the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new painting techniques and processes.
- Efficiency and Organisation: Knowledge of efficient manufacturing principles, such as 5S, to enhance productivity and maintain order in the workplace.
- Technical Understanding: The ability to interpret and act on complex technical instructions and specifications, vital for applying treatments that comply with the rigorous standards of the aerospace sector.
- Professional Organisation: Strong organisational skills and adept time management, essential for meeting the fast-paced demands of production schedules.
- Communication Excellence: Outstanding communication capabilities, crucial for collaborating effectively with teams and documenting detailed painting processes accurately.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary £28,335.29 plus shift premium.
- The role is a 2-shift pattern (Mornings & Afternoons) and includes a 12.5% shift premium, taking your salary to £31,877.20.
- Overtime available.
- Free Parking.
- 185 hours holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours of holiday every year.
- Christmas shutdown where no holiday leave needs to be used.
- Access to a 5% Pension-matched employer/employee scheme.
- YuLife© app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets / Halfords / Argos / ASOS / IKEA / B&Q at the touch of a button.
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife© app.
- Bravo benefit offering discounts on things like gym membership and shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars/Critical Illness Cover.
- Annual bonus based on site/company performance.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- Working for a fantastic forward-thinking engineering business who are fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Aerospace Painting, Surface Coating, Spray Guns, Paint Adhesion, NADCAP, AS9100, Technical Specifications, Process Documentation, Equipment Maintenance, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Production Efficiency, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing. Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Worksop, Barnsley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire.