Job Title: CAD/CAM Engineer
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: Circa £38,000 p.a
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace & automotive manufacturer. We are supporting the recruitment of a CAD/CAM Engineer on a full-time basis due to continued growth and projects.
As my client’s CAD CAM Engineer, you will utilise your experience while working within the Project Engineering team supporting all computer-aided manufacturing-based activities.
You will be tasked with:
· You will ensure effective systems are used so that the key engineering stages for:
o CAM model generation,
o Machine tool programs,
o Simulated verification,
o Documentation and drafting data
· You will also ensure that project milestones and deliverables are met.
· Generate CAD/CAM programs (including stage drawings, tool packs, tool drawings, shop documents) for all projects using current software (NX10).
· Complete CAM simulation to provide program verification prior to prove out on machines. (Vericut)
· Provide programming support for Laser (Trumpf), EDM, CMM (PCDMIS).
· Working to best practises within the CAD/CAM team including:
o Configuration control of all master models, parts programs and standard folder structure for storage.
· Complete corrective or preventative actions and Engineering Change Requests. (ECR’s)
· Create CAM generated cost estimates to support the commercial bid process.
· Identify productivity improvement ideas.
· A relevant engineering qualification or industry experience.
· Experience of working within a CAD CAM Engineer or similar role.
· Experience of working within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
· A comprehensive understanding of processes and tools which relate to computer-aided manufacturing data creation and control.
· Understanding of Manual and CNC turning and milling.
· Experience of NX6-10 or Catia (similar software experience will be considered).
· Experienced in using Vericut software.
· Experience programming the following:
o Tumpf laser cutting/welding
o CMM – PCDMIS
· Problem solving skills and the ability to multitask.
· Excellent communicator and a team player.
· The ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressured environment.
· Aerospace and or/ automotive experience ideally.
What’s in it for you?
· A fantastic package with the salary circa £38,000 p.a dependant on your experience.
· Free parking.
· Generous holiday allowance.
· Working for a fantastic business.
· Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
· 37 hours a week. (Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 1pm)
· Christmas shut down.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: CAD/CAM, CAD CAM, CADCAM, CAD-CAM, CAD/CAM Engineer, CADCAM Engineer, CAD-CAM Engineer, Vericut, NX6-10, Engineering Manager, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing. Sheffield, South Yorkshire.