Job Title: Chemical Process Technologist
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: 6-12 months – Employed Directly
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace & automotive manufacturer. We are supporting the Recruitment of a Chemical Process Technologist on either a 6-month or 12-month contract due to continued growth and projects.
As my clients Chemical Process Technologist, you will be a self-motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have excellent time management skills. You will be able to ensure full compliance with NADCAP, (National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Program) My client’s customer specifications and the requirements set by regulatory bodies through the analysis of chemical processing solutions and effluent treatment plant outputs.
- Ensure production targets are met.
- To support ongoing project work and ensure timelines are followed and met.
- Work in partnership and communicate with other departments and team members.
- To support the running of the ETP Operations for discharge/upkeep and utilisation.
- Maintain NADCAP compliance for Chemical Processing.
- Support the upkeep of all laboratories, including:
- Maintenance of equipment.
- Ordering consumables for the labs.
- Maintaining Laboratory procedures.
- Support other departments with:
- Chemical ordering, storage and compliance.
- Product development.
- Updating procedures in line with specifications.
- Ensure COSHH and safe practices are followed.
- To support data cards in performance validation and sign off.
- Support Environmental Health & Safety issues, along with annual submissions.
- Ability to drive 6S, Kaizen and CI activities in the lab and other departments.
- 2 year’s plus experience in an aerospace or manufacturing background.
- Relevant degree (Chemical).
- Good IT skills including Excel.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator and a Team player.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Corrosive chemicals handling (Desirable)
- Worked with chemical processing solutions (Desirable)
- Operation of effluent treatment equipment.
What’s in it for you?
- £30,000-£35,000 per year (Salary dependant on experience)
- Free Parking.
- Working for a fantastic business.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Chemical Technologist, Process Technologist, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive.