The company is a long-established law firm (over 100 years old) providing clients with a friendly, reliable and professional service in market towns and rural areas. Their focus is on creating a connection with the communities surrounding our offices as a trustworthy and caring company.
They aim to provide a valued and reliable service to generations both now and in the future, and you will join a supportive, committed team who, through the Colleague Charter of values and behaviours, strive to:
– Be the best we can be and actively encourage one another to do the same
– Pursue a culture of respect, care and support for everyone
– Communicate and secure our relationships on trust
– Value the differences in our team
– Make this a great place to work
This is very much an opportunity to drive your career forward.
What will you be doing?
You will provide secretarial and administrative assistance in the Commercial Property department, as directed by the Head of Commercial Property, and in line with our Client and Colleague Charters. This includes:
- Assistance in the processing of matters in a timely and accurate manner
- Effective and accurate case management, using Proclaim, and in line with company standards and legal requirements
- Preparation, organisation and archiving of legal files and supporting documentation
- Digital dictation and diary management
- Handling of client and 3rd party telephone calls, enquiries and requests, ensuring that all are dealt with efficiently and politely and in line with our Client Charter
- Ownership of incoming e-mails, post, photocopying and other administrative duties as required
- Ordering of property searches and carrying out of necessary client ID checks
- Land registry management – obtaining title documentation and registering of completed properties and ongoing follow up
- Preparation of client bills, completion statements and reading account ledgers and arranging bank payments to clients and third parties.
- Preparing and overseeing exchanges and completions, under the supervision of the Head of Department
Skills and Capabilities Required:
Verbal communication: The ability to listen to clients and colleagues and respond in an approachable, respectful and professional manner
Written communication: The ability to communicate clearly concisely and with accurate grammar and punctuation, in a tone which upholds the professional image and brand
Organisational ability: The ability to own and prioritise tasks and to use your time and resources effectively and efficiently
Strong IT proficiency: Including use of Microsoft Office applications and Case Management Software (ideally Proclaim)
Teamwork: The ability to treat colleagues with respect, and to be supportive and positive in the workplace in order to contribute to a friendly working atmosphere
What makes it so great to work here?
This is a great opportunity to join a growing, busy team where you’ll play an integral part in the delivery of excellent client care. The work is fast paced and challenging but the team are collaborative and enjoy what they do, which makes for a positive working environment.
We are committed to putting back into the communities which we serve and work hard as a business to raising money for local charities.
And that’s not all, alongside a competitive salary and fantastic career opportunities, we offer:
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays + additional holidays over Christmas when the office is closed
- Additional holidays as a reward for long service
- Stakeholder pension
- Company paid NHS top up scheme membership
- Regular ad-hoc reward and recognition, colleague events and wellbeing days