Job Title: Developer (PHP)
Hours: Full Time -Permanent
Location: York, Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 p.a + Benefits – Depending on Experience
Our clients are searching for a full-time self-motivated web developer looking to take the next step and become an integral part of the business as it continues to grow and moves forward.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in an expanding business with fantastic opportunities for development.
As you grow in the role, you’ll work on responsive websites, databases, e-commerce solutions and mobile apps as well as the infrastructure that enables them.
To excel in this position, you’ll appreciate that it’s important to put a personal face to IT support, considering effective communication the best way to form great customer relations, succeed as a developer and consequentially deliver the best outcome for both the business and clients.
- Educated at degree-level or have gained equivalent workplace skills and knowledge
- 2 years’ experience coding in a commercial environment
- Experience with Linux operating systems. (primarily RHEL and Debian based systems)
- Experience with Windows operating systems.
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress & Drupal.
- Experience with eCommerce solutions such as PrestaShop & WooCommerce.
- Experience with search engine optimization and management of related analytics solutions. (i.e Google Analytics).
- Experience installing and maintaining hosted applications.
- Experience troubleshooting hosted applications and related hosting technologies.
- Ability to document and communicate technical aspects of work undertaken with both the team and customers.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methods of working.
- Self-disciplined, able to prioritise and an ability to communicate well as part of a team
What will make you stand out:
- Experience developing responsive websites.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Apache 2.4 hosts.
- Experience with database technologies such as OracleDB, MySQL and MSSQL.
- Experience with PHP7 programming.
- Experience with PHP Frameworks such as Laravel.
- Experience maintaining legacy applications with no given framework.
- Experience with eCommerce solutions such as Magento 2.
- Experience with Azure DevOps including CICD.
- Experience with source control software such as Git.
- Full Driving Licence
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pension
- Free onsite parking, easy to access location on outskirts of York
- Joining a friendly team with longevity in their roles.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***