Job Title: Business Unit Manager
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £38,000 – £42,000 depending on experience.
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a leading global aerospace manufacturer who understands that it is important for you to work for an employer who put their people first?
Are you wanting to work for a business which offers constant support and training to get you to where you want to be in your career?
We are supporting this fantastic business in the Recruitment of a Business Unit Manager. We are looking to speak with someone who has previously delivered operational business improvement projects and has experience in leading and managing a large team. The role is instrumental in creating and sustaining a good working environment, encouraging team working, flexibility and adherence to procedures.
- The focus of this role will to lead and manage the business unit in order to meet targets, maintain quality standards and maximise productivity.
- Deliver operational business improvement projects.
- Lead a large team.
- Follow and promote Health & Safety practices.
- Management of the financials for the business unit, including cost reduction activities.
- Execution of manufacturing plans in order to meet targets. If these plans fall behind, you will be responsible for the creation of a recovery plan, including the organisation of resources and reporting the progress to the senior team.
- The Business unit performance, to achieve/exceed targets.
- Manage a flexible workforce. (PDR’s etc)
- Drive a quality-focused business unit.
- Continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set
- Conduct process and product audits to ensure compliance. Taking action to rectify areas of non-compliance.
- Health & safety audits, risk assessments and accident investigations.
- Quality audits.
- Liaise with the maintenance department to deliver preventative and planned maintenance schedules.
- Ideally have 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experienced in leading a large team (Management)
- Delivering operational business improvement projects.
- Experience of working to business-level KPI’s.
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communicator and a Team player.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
- Aerospace and or/ automotive experience ideally.
What’s in it for you?
- £38,000-£42,000 per year
- Free Parking.
- Working for a fantastic business.
- Pension scheme and other benefits.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Business unit manager, Management, Unit Manager, team leader, Production, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing. Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Derby, Mansfield, Worksop, Nottingham, Wakefield, Leeds, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire.