Job Title: Exhausts Inspector
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £25,700.97 + 12.5% Shift Premium
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Are you an experienced Aerospace Engineering Inspector?
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace automotive manufacturer for the recruitment of an experienced Quality Inspector who will be responsible for ensuring that incoming materials, in process production and finished products are in line with the companies/customer quality standards and procedures.
- • Inspect incoming, in-process and final inspection parts in line with company/customer specifications. Where items
are to be rejected adherence to company procedures are met.
• Measure final assembly parts utilising FARO arm equipment, ensuring results are recorded.
• Use various pieces of measuring equipment including Height Gauges, Vernier’s and Micrometers ensuring that
these are always within calibration.
• Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer as well as internal standards and specifications
(NADCAP and AS9100 standards)
• Interpret drawings
• Participate in audits that are required for the company to maintain its current accreditations for both the sector and
• Prepare and record inspection reports.
• Utilise various part marking equipment for the identification of parts prior to being shipped to the customer.
• Print data cards and other associated inspection documentation required to complete operation.
• Work alongside Inspection team members to ensure that daily targets are met.
• Provide feedback on production issues as and when they arise
• Know and understand company and department policies and safety procedures.
• Assist in developing Quality conscious culture alongside the management team through leading by example.
• Report to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well with co-workers, understand
and follow work rules and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned, requested or needed.
• 5 GCSE’s A-C inc. Maths and English.
• NVQ/qualification in an Engineering discipline is desirable
• Proven track record in an Inspection position, preferably within the Aerospace sector.
• Previous FARO arm experience is essential.
• Excellent levels of computer literacy.
• Thorough knowledge of Quality control standards.
• Basic understanding of lean principles (5S).
• Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
• Able to use a wide variety of measuring and inspection equipment.
• Quality conscious.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Be able to work accurately in a busy environment and able to organise and prioritise effectively.
• Display excellent attention to detail with an ability to interpret a large amount of information.
• Excellent teamwork ethic.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Excellent time management
What’s in it for you?
- • £25,700.97 per year – Shifts mixed Mornings and Afters + 12% shift premium
- • Free Parking
- • Working for a fantastic business
- • Pension scheme and other benefits
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Engineering Inspector, Exhausts, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing. Sheffield, South Yorkshire.