Job Title: Financial Compliance Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 & Benefits (Depending on experience)
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a Yorkshire Based and well-established Independent Financial Advisers. Due to continued growth, they are now looking to add an experienced Internal Compliance Manager to the team.
Due to my client’s unrivalled reputation for excellent customer satisfaction, maintaining their legal and ethical integrity is imperative.
So, on this basis we are supporting my client in the search for an Internal Compliance Manager to oversee this requirement, ensuring that company policy is followed, to the letter, and confirming their message and behaviour reflect the rules and regulations of the business.
The position of Internal Compliance Manager focuses on overseeing the compliance, training and competence throughout the business. The ideal candidate must be able to integrate seamlessly into an established, fast-paced working environment and be able to keep up to date with regulatory changes.
Attention to detail and the highest level of integrity is a must. You must also be a great communicator and able to offer constructive feedback to the business and my client’s advisers whilst working closely with the business’s management team and directors.
Training & Competence:
- Conduct half-yearly 1-2-1 reviews with the businesses Financial Advisors and maintain good practices in managing the training and competency scheme.
- Discuss any relevant training required, including knowledge gaps.
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and new legislation and communicate findings to advisors and staff within the business.
- Monitor Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and gather evidence this has taken place and is always up to date.
- Manage and oversee the business register, collating data for KPI’s to be used with 1-2-1 meetings and improve the company/advisor business mix (provider spread; product spread etc.) to maintain the very highest standards.
- Be responsible and facilitate new advisor recruitment and the recruitment process. This includes:
- DBS checks.
- Application processing.
- Qualification checks and background research.
- References and credit checks to follow companies and FCA procedure.
- Complete file checking procedures for all advisors which includes:
- Being able to do file checks to firm level.
- Ad-hoc highly detailed file reviews for complex cases.
- Facilitate and conduct random checks on case files.
- Provide feedback on quality issues to the relevant advisors.
- Ensure that remedial action comments are carried out.
- Carry out advisor observations to maintain professional standards to be included within 1-2-1s and to provide valuable feedback to the directors.
- Review all client-facing and internal compliance documents and keeping them up to date to FCA requirements.
- Liaise with the management team and keep up to date with regular compliance and regulatory changes.
- Building and maintain a close relationship with the FCA allowing access to regulatory changes and developments, then communicating these effectively to the advisors.
- Creating and maintaining due diligence documents for formal introducers, maintaining evidence and relevant regulatory documents including formal introducer agreements.
- Regularly updating the businesses compliance framework.
- Filing appropriate compliance reports to regulatory agencies.
- Attending seminars/regulatory events/compliance events to gain valuable knowledge of the industry and its requirements to uphold an ethical and compliance advice business model.
- Helping collate valuable information to discuss at the quarterly business risk meetings.
- Assisting with delivering the content of the business risk meeting with the directors of the business.
- Helping advisors in sourcing training courses and events to develop CPD.
- Arranging/monitoring annual testing of advisors and reducing any knowledge gaps.
- You will be Level 4 qualified.
- Advanced Diploma (Desirable).
- You will have extensive experience in a similar compliance role within an IFA business.
- You will have excellent communication skills and the confidence to deliver feedback to advisers in a constructive manner.
- You will be dynamic and enthusiastic with a passion for the role that you do.
- keen to join a team-focussed and office-based environment.
What’s in it for you?
- £30,000 – £35,000 per year + a non-contributory 8% pension scheme.
- Office hours – 37.5 hours per week
- 1 hour for lunch.
- 140 hours holiday entitlement plus bank holiday.
- Potential for pro-rate working for the right person.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***