Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: Central Sheffield
Salary: £25000-£37500 plus Bonus Plan subject to experience
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our client’s team in the Sheffield office on a permanent basis; ideally with experience of working in the eCommerce industry. As part of the team, you will be responsible for adding new and exciting front end functionality to our current client base, creating new solutions and implementing large scale eCommerce websites.
The successful candidate will be required to take the lead on front end tasks and be responsible for the delivery of their front end solutions to a wide range of clients. You will be required to work closely with our clients and our internal delivery teams to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to the companys principles, standards and best practices.
- Build and develop websites/web apps, keeping to project specifications and deadlines
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain valid HTML and CSS mark-up.
- Learn other relevant languages and/or frameworks where required.
- Work collaboratively with other developers to share knowledge and solutions.
- Use, maintain and create in-house documentation to integrate a wide variety of features and functionality
- Providing estimates for the implementation of front end projects.
- Identifying impacts of a given task and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
- Keeping up to date with technology changes (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updated, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients.
- Experience developing medium/large scale react applications
- Experience with hybrid react apps (SSR & client-side rendering)
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals, including HTML and CSS, browser support and accessibility.
- Experience with pre-processor CSS languages (sass/less).
- Are knowledgeable about modern build and versioning tools, including git, npm/gulp.
- Able to communicate well and are able to simplify technical concepts to stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of mobile-first, responsive and adaptive design
- Ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
What would make you stand out:
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience developing IBM WebSphere Commerce sites.
- Experience developing Progressive Web Apps.
- Working with and leading small teams of developers
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Well organised team player
- Desire and drive to progress through the organisation
- Confident telephone, workshop and client meeting manner
- Display a positive attitude
What’s in it for you:
- £25000-£37500 pa
- 20 days’ vacation (increases with length of service), with your birthday off as standard!
- Pension scheme with a leading pension provider
- Ongoing learning and development, training and career progression
- MacBook, free office snacks, casual dress code and great coffee!
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***