Verus Recruitment are pleased to be supporting a fantastic Sheffield based charity in the recruitment a Fundraising Manager on a permanent basis.
The Sheffield based Charity raises awareness of and provides support to children and young people aged 8-25 who provide substantial unpaid care to a member of their family and/or are affected by familial substance misuse. The cared-for person may have a long-term illness, disability, mental health problems or substance misuse issues. The Charity aims to reduce isolation and stigma; increase young people’s access to social, educational and career opportunities; and provide practical and emotional support.
The successful candidate will help develop and implement the Charities fundraising strategy, raise the charity’s profile and secure essential funding for its services.
About the role:
- To raise funds from a diverse range of restricted and unrestricted sources including trusts and foundations, legacies, events, corporate, community, and individual donors.
- To develop, nurture and sustain close and productive relationships with external bodies including funders, partners and others.
- To develop and lead the fundraising strategy in line with the project’s aims, meeting agreed FR targets.
- To oversee and review monitoring and evaluation processes and reporting.
- To promote the charity externally including representing the organisation and using a range of PR opportunities.
- To recruit, lead and line manage staff and volunteers as required, initially to line manage the Core Team consisting of Supporter Engagement Officer, Office Manager and Data and Monitoring Officer.
- Work Alongside the Young People’s Project Coordinator and Family Project Coordinator, to act as a key member of the management team, supporting the development and delivery of SYC services, alongside the Leadership Team (comprising the Managing Director and Deputy Manager).
You will have:
- Knowledge of range of fundraising methods and techniques, e.g. trusts and foundations, individual giving, corporate fundraising.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent, through experience) with very good analytical and strategic skills.
- Experience of charitable trust fundraising.
- Experience of community and/or corporate fundraising.
- Experience and the ability to devise, lead, market and run fundraising events.
- Experience of managing and developing project budgets and income forecasts.
- Experience of public relations work in the voluntary and community sector.
- Understanding of sustainability agenda for the voluntary and community sector.
- An ability to work occasional evenings/weekends where required (e.g. for fundraising events).
- Ability to co-ordinate a number of fundraising projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, oral, networking and influencing skills.
- Good people, project and financial management skills.
- Proven ability to meet objectives and work to tight timescales and deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to manage own workload. Good IT skills (minimum Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases).
What would make you stand out?
- Specialist fundraising qualification, e.g. Certificate or Diploma in Fundraising from the Chartered Institute of Fundraising.
- Knowledge of local fundraising environment.
- Experience of fundraising for the voluntary sector in a young people’s organisation.
- Experience of supervising and recruiting fundraising volunteers.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating programmes of support for children and young people.
- Driving licence and the use of a car with business insurance.
What’s is it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to build your skills and experience in a growing, vibrant organisation where your ideas and contributions will be highly valued.
- Salary: £30,000 FTE
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension: 5% employer contribution and 3% employee contribution
- Based in an easy to access City Centre location with plenty of parking.
- Annual £200 Health & Wellbeing Fund per employee
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 5pm Wednesday 15th June 2022
- Interviews scheduled for: Thursday 30th June 2022
Keywords: Charity, 3rd Sector, Fundraising, Fundraising manager, Sheffield, South Yorkshire ***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***