Games Programmer/ Developer
Salary: 35-45k (DOE)
Our client, an exciting AAA games development house, is expanding rapidly and are keen to talk to Games Developers from levels and disciplines, whether you come from a generic game’s development background or a specific games background such as AI, Network or Rendering.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has experience developing games with:
- Unreal Engine
- Custom Engine
- OR Experience as an AI Programmer/ Developer.
- AI solutions and architectures relevant to games e.g. Planning, Navmesh, Agent Behaviour, Avoidance etc
- Experience working on several AI solutions optimized for games e.g. Pathfinding, Behaviour Trees, HTNs, etc
- An understanding of the limitations to AI implementations for consoles and limited platforms.
- OR Experience as Network Programmer/ Developer
- Experience working on networked games on backend and/or gameplay side networking implementation.
- Knowledge of networked gameplay synchronization technique/online game techniques for matchmaking, error handling and reliability, network topology
- OR Experience as a Rendering Programmer/ Developer
- Experience with high-level graphics optimizations – Culling, LODing, light baking/probes, occlusion, compression etc
- Experience of CPU rendering systems, renderer submission, multi-threaded renderers, graphics jobs and optimization techniques surrounding these.
- Experience with various graphics profiling tools – PIX, RenderDoc, GPU Razor, Intel GPA etc
- Experience programming in C++, C, C#
- Must have AAA games development experience.
- Ideally, you will have knowledge of developing games on console platforms – Xbox One, PS4, Switch.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- A strong capability to solve problems with a relentless attention to detail.
- Flexible working hours.
- Private medical insurance.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- An attractive share scheme and bonus scheme.
- Plenty of social events.
Keywords: Programmer, Games Programmer, Games Developer, Game Developer, AI Programmer, Network Programmer, Rendering Programmer, Unreal Programmer, Unity Programmer, Unreal Engine, Unity.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.