Graduate Game Developer (Game Development)
Location: Sheffield, UK
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 p.a (DOE)
Our client, an independent AAA games development house based in Sheffield, is expanding rapidly and we are keen to talk to Graduate Games Developers. As their Graduate Games Programmer /Developer, you will be supporting the programming team to create a world class AAA title. A fantastic opportunity for any budding Games Developer who wants to be part of something BIG!
We are looking for someone ideally with some experience in Physics and Multiplayer. So if this is you, we would like to hear from you.
You will use established Games Industry Middleware for AAA titles to make your tasks easier and you won’t just be a small cog in a big machine, you’ll make a huge difference.
- Work alongside a team of highly creative and experienced individuals.
- Help produce the AAA game and launch to market.
- Apply physics to the game world in order to enhance the gameplay and help to bring it all to life.
- Write high-quality code to fulfil the high potential expectation for this title.
- Champion coding standards across cross-platform development for PlayStation, Xbox & PC.
- Find and fix complex bugs in any area of the product.
- Troubleshooting in particularly the codebase, art pipeline and logic flow of the game.
- Constantly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices.
- A degree in Games Development or related subject.
- Examples of your work, GitHub, Steam or similar.
- Unity Game Engine skills.
- C# and/or C++ programming skills.
- Debugging and optimisation skills
- A keen interest in developing your skills within the Games development world.
- Developing games on different platforms – Xbox One, PS4, PC.
What would make you stand out:
- A 1st class degree in Games Development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Plenty of social events.
We are looking for an individual who can help grow my client’s company and be part of a vibrant, energetic office. They are located in Sheffield, a green, modern cityscape set against the stunning backdrop of the Peak District National Park. Sheffield also has a thriving cultural scene boasting award-winning theatre, beer, music, festivals, street art and so much more.
Keywords: Programmer, Games Programmer, Games Developer, Game Developer, AI Programmer, Network Programmer, Rendering Programmer, Unreal Programmer, Unity Programmer, Unreal Engine, Unity.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
My client is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.