Role: Immigration Caseworker (OISC Qualified)
Salary: £22,000 to £30,000 p.a depending on qualifications & experience
Are you an experienced Immigration Caseworker?
Are you OISC qualified?
Do you have a minimum of 12 months experience working in the immigration sector?
Do you want to work for a business with decades of legal experience?
Then we have the role for you!
As my client’s Immigration Caseworker, you’ll be responsible for working alongside a team of immigration specialists, handling different caseloads up to OISC competence.
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
- Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office.
- Ensure all contact with the client and any other action taken in respect of cases is recorded on attendance notes and regularly updated on the database.
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
- Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
- Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasions where appropriate.
- Meet specified casework and other targets as set by Supervisor.
- Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using a computer for reference purposes.
- Complete any other records in connection with casework to meet company requirements, maintain statistics and update the Database, client files, using manual or computerised systems as appropriate and as required by Management.
So, what skills will you need to succeed?
- OISC qualification Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3.
- 12-month minimum experience of working in the immigration sector to OISC standards.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A confident and determined approach.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Be organised and methodical in your approach.
- Candidates with IAAS accreditation will be considered.
- LLB or Law related degree/diploma.
You should also have commercial awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential that you have strong ethical standards, fantastic team spirit, but most importantly be humble and passionate about the work carried out.
- 5% pay rise and bonus of up to 20% salary available on completion of targets.
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays.
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- Flexible working & supportive workplace culture
- Development opportunities offered to candidates willing to work hard & progress
Does this sound like you?
Are you ready for a new challenge?
If so, apply now!
If you feel you need more information, please Verus Recruitment on 01143 830046.
Verus Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Verus Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.