|Role: Immigration Caseworker Supervisor (Level 3 OISC Qualified)
Salary: £30,000 to £38,000 p.a depending on qualifications & experience
Location: London (Central)
Are you an experienced Immigration Caseworker?
Are you Level 3 OISC qualified?
Do you have a minimum of 2 year’s experience working in the immigration sector?
Do you have supervisory, appraisal & training experience within the immigration sector?
Do you want to work for a business with decades of legal experience?
Then we have the role for you!
As my client’s Immigration Caseworker Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for managing, supporting and training a team of immigration specialists. You will also be tasked with handling different caseloads up to OISC competence.
Key Management Functions:
- Management of the team of caseworkers, this including annual appraisals, casework supervisions and perform file reviews in accordance with OISC and other requirements.
- Provide on-going assessment and training.
- Conduct and manage disciplinary and grievance procedures and all other line-management functions.
- Collect and collate statistics for the office on a monthly basis or as required by the Director.
- Act as first point of contact for legal queries from operational staff in the office building.
- Review decisions taken by caseworkers in relation to their legal performance.
Key Caseworker Functions:
- Undertake casework and the management of case work up to the necessary level of competence/accreditation.
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Provide advice and representation to clients held at any Immigration Detention Centres or Prisons.
- Interview and advise clients regarding immigration/asylum law, procedure, and practice.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters.
- Ensure all contact with the client is recorded on attendance notes on my client’s system.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Liaise with immigration authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
- Undertake outreach work as required, including liaising with ethnic communities, delivering talks and presentations to groups, and visiting other groups and centres as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in immigration/asylum law by reading, attending training events and using the computer for reference purposes.
So, what skills will you need to succeed?
- Fully accredited to IAAS level 2 and Supervisor level and Registered at OISC level 3.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A confident and determined approach.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Be organised and methodical in your approach.
- Full accreditation to IAAS level 2 desirable.
- LLB or Law related degree/diploma.
- Minimum of two year’s full-time experience of immigration and asylum legal advice and representation, covering all heads of policy under the immigration rules.
- Experience of representing clients at immigration/asylum appeals.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working to Quality Assurance Standards (Specialist Quality Mark).
- At least one year’s management / supervisory experience, preferably in a legal / advice environment.
You should also have commercial awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential that you have strong ethical standards, fantastic team spirit, but most importantly be humble and passionate about the work carried out.
• 5% pay rise and bonus of up to 20% salary available on completion of targets.
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays.
• Generous contributory pension scheme.
• Flexible working & supportive workplace culture
• Development opportunities offered to candidates willing to work hard & progress
Does this sound like you?
Are you ready for a new challenge?
If so, apply now!
If you feel you need more information, please Verus Recruitment on 01143 830046.
Verus Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Verus Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.