Job Title: Interim Engineering Lead
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience.
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contract: Full-Time role initially for 18 months with a review.
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based international aerospace & automotive manufacturer. We are supporting the Recruitment of a Lead Engineer on a full-time basis for an 18-month contract, with a contract review after this time.
As my client’s Lead Engineer, you will be pivotal to the success of the site being responsible for leading the P1, NPDI optimisation, CAPEX, & process improvement projects. You will also be responsible for delivering the required product margin, design change & cost of quality through improvements to the manufacturing methods, tooling, fixtures and equipment utilisation.
- To lead projects utilising the agreed processes & KPI’s to ensure the delivery of the defined benefits, to include margin improvement, reduced spends including sub-con, & reduction in inventory.
- To ensure new products, processes & equipment are introduced to maximise operational performance through the identification and implementation of best practices.
- To provide project progress up-dates internally & externally at the agreed frequency & format, including ensuring the industrialisation plans & risk registers are maintained & topical.
- To provide engineering expertise to support the resolve Operations process issues, development of quotations & NPDI product optimisation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To complete health and safety audits, near-miss reporting, risk assessments incident and accident investigations are conducted promptly, & actions to address any areas of concern are defined & implemented.
- To coordinate manufacturing engineering support for the Business Units through the appropriate training, development & resources.
- To ensure accurate bills of material, routings and process times are maintained in the company business system.
- To ensure changes are implemented following the defined process & in the agreed timescales to guarantee the business is operating at the correct revision levels.
- To manage & control the sites tooling & fixtures from concept development, to acceptance approval & condition monitoring.
- To manage the project’s activities to improve existing methods and processes to improve the product margin and the achievement of the defined quality specifications across the existing & new products.
- To manage the development of manufacturing processes and procedures through the introduction & optimisation of new products to achieve margin, delivery and quality targets.
- To utilise performance management processes such as appraisals, gap analysis and capability procedures to assess, guide and drive the performance of the Engineering team. Provide individual support and guidance where required to create a high-performing team.
- To provide technical specifications, economic evaluations & justifications etc. to support management decisions making process.
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set by staying abreast of technological advances in the industry.
- To conduct process and product audits to ensure compliance with applicable procedures, define & deploy actions to rectify areas of non-compliance.
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
- Educated to degree level, including HND in Engineering discipline.
- Qualification in leadership or management.
- Qualification in Lean tools & principals or Six Sigma.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar industry.
- People management skills.
- Manufacturing processes experience.
- Application of business KPI’s.
- Delivering business improvements.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic Salary package of £45,000 – £50,000 p.a depending on experience.
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
- 37 hours a week. (Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 1pm)
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***