Job Title: IT Engineer
Location: York and surrounding areas.
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependent on experience + phone, laptop and company vehicle.
Commutable from: York, Hull, Scarborough, Lincolnshire.
Our client is a leading provider of IT support services within the business sector. They are currently embarking on a period of expansion and require a skilled IT Engineer to join their team. If excellent customer service and representing a reputable, dynamic business is important to you, then this role could be for you.
You will be providing a proactive, IT support service to businesses across the region. This is a highly autonomous role which involves 1st and 2nd line support across a wide range of technologies.
- Ensuring that support calls are dealt with in a professional manner and within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Monitoring and resolving issues with workstation/ peripherals/ hardware issues.
- Ensuring Backups are functioning efficiently across our growing client base.
- Travelling between various client sites throughout the region.
- A company vehicle will be provided.
- Ongoing training and development.
Your skill set will include:
- Excellent communication skills are vital. You will be communicating with a wide range of businesses.
- Highly methodical.
- Attention to detail, organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Hardware maintenance & installation.
- Software installation and troubleshooting.
- Cloud Technologies (e.g Office 365 / Google Suite / Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure).
- Rollout/desktop support/server admin.
- Microsoft Office Suite and MS desktop operating systems – install / config / maintenance.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory, Group policy
- Network Technologies – TCP / IP & DNS / WI-FI
- Peripheral/ mobile device support (iOS/Android).
- Implementation / support of virtualization platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, Terminal Server.
- Knowledge of Routers, Switches, Firewalls & Comms.
- Relevant IT qualifications or certifications (desirable).
- Managed Services environment (desirable)
- A full UK driving Licence.
Keywords: IT Engineer; IT Technician; IT Field Engineer; Field Engineer; IT Support; IT Systems; Server Engineer; Systems Engineer; ICT Engineer; ICT Technician; Support Analyst; Senior Engineer.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.