IT Helpdesk Engineer
Verus has the pleasure of supporting a well-established IT service and solutions provider in the South Yorkshire area. You will have the crucial role of being the first point of contact for their customers.
If you have experience in an IT Helpdesk or Service Desk role and have a desire to provide an unrivalled level of customer service, then this role is for you.
- Being the first point of contact and triage for IT incidents from their growing customer base.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line remote IT support via telephone or email.
- Dealing with and logging desktop support issues, basic server and networking issues.
- On occasion, and as the role progresses, supporting customers on-site.
- Logging and reporting calls appropriately.
- Being professional at all times, whilst making customers feeling comfortable and supported.
- Working towards targets and timescales.
- Above all, possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Must have experience in an IT service desk or helpdesk role.
- Be a team player.
- Ideally a full driving licence and own vehicle (mainly due to location of business).
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience administering Office 365.
- Experience supporting Windows Servers and Operating Systems.
- Basic networking (DNS, DHCP).
- Experience supporting Active Directory.
- Have experience with ticketing systems/ remote support software.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Pension scheme.
- Regularly salary reviews.
- Quarterly social events.
- A supporting and friendly team.
- Excellent location just off the M1.
- Opportunity to earn more by participating in the on-call out of hours rota.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords – IT Helpdesk Engineer, IT Service Desk, IT Service Desk Technician, Service Desk Engineer, IT Engineer, Helpdesk Technician, IT Engineer, ICT Technician, IT Technician, IT Support, IT Analyst, 1st Line Engineer, 2nd Line Engineer, IT Systems Engineer, IT Support Analyst.