IT Network Engineer
25-30K (negotiable DOE).
We are supporting a longstanding, international IT service provider in their search for an IT Network Engineer. If you’d like to work with the latest technologies and have the opportunity to progress within a company, then this role is for you. You’ll work with a lovely bunch of engineers and have the chance to travel the world (occasionally!).
- Supporting clients remotely and onsite both in the UK and internationally.
- Working occasional night shifts and weekends. Although the large part will be 9-5 Monday to Friday.
- Design and implement new IT networks.
- Modification of existing networks.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Operating and developing monitoring solutions to ensure system health and backups.
- Upgrade and replace network hardware where appropriate.
- Maintain and develop the IT systems of existing clients.
- Enjoy building strong client relationships.
- Enjoy working with and being part of a team
- Confident at working alone when required
- Good communicator with the ability to clearly understand customer requirements
- Highly organised.
- A quick learner who is keen to learn new technologies.
- Is skilled in troubleshooting, taking ownership of and resolving cases and in keeping the client informed.
- Have a valid UK passport and driving license.
- Degree in an IT related discipline or Microsoft qualifications such as MCSE or MCP.
- Language skills, especially German would be an advantage, clear and concise English is essential.
You will have experience with some or most the below technologies:
- Network Security
- Server 2016 and earlier
- Exchange 2016 and earlier
- Active Directory
- Competitive salary.
- Extra earning potential through participation in the nights/lates rota.
- Opportunity for some international travel.
- Located within 1 mile of the M1.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.