IT Support Technician
Salary: 20,000-24,000 (DOE)
Due to continued expansion, we have an exciting opening for an enthusiastic and skilled IT support technician. Our client is a leading provider of IT hardware, support and services within the region and are now looking for a talented IT Technician to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will require you to provide a broad range of 1st and 2nd line support across a wide range of technologies and environments. Being a good and confident communicator is also key to this role as it will involve wide ranging engagement with individuals at all levels.
- be willing to shadow staff, learn new technologies and undertake training as appropriate.
- provide remote and on-site support.
- provide ongoing support of IT infrastructure and perform regular monitoring of servers and network equipment.
- monitor and maintain backup solutions.
- fix any issues associated with client devices, printers and other technologies.
- assist with equipment installation and specific hardware replacement projects.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 deployment and fault resolution.
- Good understanding of LAN & WAN network infrastructure.
- Professional IT skills in implementing and maintaining Microsoft Office 13/16.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work independently, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clean, full driving licence and own vehicle.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:-
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server/Network Services installation and administration (TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP).
- Experience of AV technologies.
With ongoing training and development available, this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to continue to develop their own skills and knowledge.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords – IT Engineer, Junior IT Engineer, ICT Technician, IT Technician, IT Support, IT Analyst, 1st Line Engineer, 2nd Line Engineer, IT Systems Engineer, IT Support Analyst.