Job Title: IT Support Technician
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 p.a
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a Sheffield based Engineering business in the recruitment of an IT Technician on a full-time basis.
As my client’s IT Support Technician, you will be tasked with providing IT support for the entire site, assist the IT team in managing:
- IT systems
- IT infrastructure improvements
- IT security
- IT equipment updates
- Any other IT related projects.
- Providing first line technical IT support including PC hardware, PC software, Network appliances and business systems.
- Resolution of support calls and logging these on the IT Helpdesk system.
- Monitoring and maintaining the ‘health’ and status of the computer systems and network equipment.
- Setting up accounts for new users including email accounts, password changes/resets.
- Setting up approved privileges to files and folders in Windows Active Directory and other business systems.
- Ensure the decommissioning of old IT hardware is carried out in accordance with all guidelines.
- Mobile device/phone support including installing applications and email access for company mobile devices.
About Your experience:
- Previous experience in providing first line technical IT support including:
- PC hardware.
- PC software.
- Network appliances.
- business systems.
- Good working knowledge of:
- Windows Active Directory.
- Windows Group Policies.
- Windows Server 2012/16.
- Windows client OS’s (7/10).
- Fundamental Networking knowledge including DNS/DHCP/TCP.IP.
- Knowledge of administering VMWare 6 ESXI servers and VCenter server.
- Administering Office 365 for Email, collaboration and office apps.
- Excellent Microsoft desktop IT skills including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of supporting SAN Disk Arrays.
- Understanding the main hardware components for a PC and server.
What’s in it for you?
- The salary on offer is £18,000 – £21,000 dependant on your experience
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Technician, IT Engineer, IT Support, IT Security, IT infrastructure.