Job Title: Junior Accountant
Sector: Finance (Practice)
Salary: £16,000 – £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a Sheffield based Accountancy Practice in the recruitment of a Junior Accountant. My client is looking for a candidate who wants the opportunity to grow with the continued success of the business.
Do you want to join a business which allows you the freedom to progress through your career and achieve the level you want?
This position would ideally suit someone who is training or has trained but does not feel they can progress higher with their current employer.
- Accounts preparation – Preparation of annual accounts for sole trader, partnership and limited company clients using the Firm’s accounting software.
- Management accounts and bookkeeping – Maintaining clients’ accounting records from information and explanations provided and preparation of regular management accounts.
- VAT returns – Preparation of quarterly VAT returns from information supplied by clients.
- Audit of clients’ financial statements – Assisting in the audit of financial statements for limited companies and not for profit organisations.
- Corporation Tax returns – Preparation of corporation tax returns using the Firm’s software.
- Personal Tax returns – Preparation of personal tax returns using the Firm’s software.
- At least 12 months experience in Practice.
- AAT Part Qual or Qualified.
- Good IT skills, including experience of using different accounting packages or systems.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels.
What’s in it for you?
- Basic salary £16,000-£24,000 per year (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- Free Parking.
- Working for a fantastic accountancy business.
- Pension scheme and other benefits
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***