Junior ICT Support Technician
Salary: 18,000-22,000 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Do you have a passion for technology? Would you like to join a company which provides excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career? This role would be the ideal opportunity for someone who has recently completed an IT apprenticeship or IT related degree or for someone who has a couple of years’ work experience and is looking for a new challenge.
With ongoing training and development available, this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to continue to develop their own skills and knowledge whilst making a positive contribution to the quality of the IT services available to their customers. The role will involve:
- Dealing with customer support issues and escalating issues appropriately.
- Shadowing engineers and taking part in training as necessary.
- Assisting with the day to day running of their client’s IT systems.
- You’ll be involved in troubleshooting IT issues, networking, supporting PC hardware/ applications and supporting with AV technologies.
- Working directly on client sites, as part of the on-site support team to provide the best possible customer experience.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Team working skills.
- Strong desire to learn and ability to pick things up quickly.
- Understanding of PC’s, servers and computer networking.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (7, 8, 10)
- Minimum Requirement: Recently completed an IT associated apprenticeship – L3 minimum, or equivalent experience in a permanent role.
- Desirable: Recently graduated with an IT related degree or have completed a L4 or higher apprenticeship
- Car driver and owner
- Excellent training and progression potential.
- Allocated study time during working hours.
- A friendly and supportive team.
- Holiday entitlement – 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords – Junior IT Engineer, Trainee IT Engineer, ICT Technician, IT Technician, IT Support, IT Analyst, 1st Line Engineer, 2nd Line Engineer.