Job Title – Manufacturing Engineer
Location – Sheffield
Salary – £35-£40k + Bonus Scheme + Benefits
Verus Recruitment Partners are delighted to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace automotive manufacturer for the recruitment of an experienced Manufacturing Engineer.
The company is fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do. The successful candidate will be providing key support and technical knowledge to the business unit teams. Support the business unit in achieving the business KPIs and to ensure effective business operation through the identification and implementation of best practice and new technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o To identify and implement productivity improvement ideas with continuous improvement / problem solving initiatives
o To action and validate corrective and preventative actions and Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) generated through the NCR process in the Business Unit Hotspots and continuous improvement processes
o To support the Business Unit teams’ achievement of quality standards. Identification and resolution of engineering-related problems through effective Root Cause Analysis and Root Cause Corrective Action.
o To support initiatives to maximize productivity through the achievement of operational standard hours
o Support project teams on NPDI, P1 and CI project work.
o Creation and amendment of controlled production documentation and systems (parts master, BOM, Routings, SOP’s)
o Review and approval of new or updated customer specifications and drawings
o Support new and refurbish tooling activities with creation and amendment of Tooling specifications, design reviews, and release documentation. Lease with tooling suppliers and Lead tooling engineer to support in load of new or refurbished tooling.
o To support the Capital Investment process through identification, justification and introduction of new equipment through to achievement of identified benefits.
o To identify and assess new technologies which could be applied in order to give the business a competitive advantage.
o To conduct health and safety risk assessments and accident investigations promptly where engineering input is required, taking action where appropriate to address any areas of concern
o Ideally 5 years’ experience in similar industry with particular understanding of: 5 axis grinding & machining,
EDM, welding, plasma coating, laser drilling & cutting, painting, sheet metal forming, heat treatment,
chemical processing, general fabrication and assembly.
• Strong understanding of engineering drawing and GD&T – Essential
• Experience in aerospace manufacturing and AS9100 – Desirable;
• Educated to degree level, including HND in Engineering discipline – Desirable
• Fully proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams – Essential;
• Trained in MS Project – Desirable;
• Trained / proficient user of Siemens NX (inc. programming CNC) – Desirable;
• Excellent organizational skill and keen eye for detail – Essential;
• Experience working on projects and using MS project – Desirable;
- A Competitive Salary of up to £35-£40k plus a bonus scheme
- Free Parking
- Working for a fantastic business
- Pension scheme and other benefits