Would you like to work for a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace automotive manufacturer as a Manufacturing Engineer?
Job Title – Manufacturing Engineer – Machining Subject Matter Expert
Location – Sheffield
Salary – £35-45k + Bonus Scheme + Benefits
Verus Recruitment Partners are delighted to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace automotive manufacturer for the recruitment of an experienced Manufacturing Engineer / Machining Subject Matter Expert.
The company is fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do. The successful candidate will be providing key support and technical knowledge to the business unit teams. Support the business unit in achieving the business KPIs and to ensure effective business operation through the identification and implementation of best practice and new technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Support engineering change control throughout the business. Ensure assessment of change, communication, implementation and release is managed in accordance with company procedures.
o To identify and implement productivity improvement ideas with continuous improvement / problem-solving initiatives
o To action and validate corrective and preventative actions and Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) generated through the NCR process in the Business Unit Hotspots and continuous improvement processes
o To support the Business Unit teams’ achievement of quality standards. Identification and resolution of engineering-related problems through effective Root Cause Analysis and Root Cause Corrective Action.
o To support initiatives to maximize productivity through the achievement of operational standard hours
o Support project teams on NPDI, P1 and CI project work.
o Creation and amendment of controlled production documentation and systems (parts master, BOM, Routings, SOP’s)
o Review and approval of new or updated customer specifications and drawings
o Support new and refurbish tooling activities with creation and amendment of Tooling specifications, design reviews, and release documentation.
o To support the Capital Investment process through identification, justification and introduction of new equipment through to achievement of identified benefits.
o To identify and assess new technologies which could be applied in order to give the business a competitive advantage.
o To conduct health and safety risk assessments and accident investigations promptly where engineering input is required, taking action where appropriate to address any areas of concern
o Generate CAD/CAM programs (inc. stage drawings, tool packs, tool sheets, program manuals) for all projects using current software (Siemens NX & Solidworks).
o Complete CAM simulation (using Vericut) to provide program verification prior to prove out on machine.
o Provide programming support for Laser cutting (Trumpf) drilling (LASERSOFT), 5 axis grinding, EDM, CMM (PCDMIS).
• At least 5 years experience in similar industry with particular understanding of manual and CNC turning and milling using DNC outputs – Essential;
• Extensive experience with Siemens NX6-12 & Solidworks – Essential; (Solidworks is Desirable)
• Extensive experience using Vericut simulation software – Essential;
• Extensive experience reading and creating engineering drawings and application of ASME Y14.5M-1994 – Essential;
• Experience programming the following:
o CMM (PCDMIS) – Essential;
o laser cutting/welding/drilling (Trumpf & DMG Mori LASERSOFT) – Desirable;
o EDM – Desirable;
o 5 axis grinding – Desirable;
• Educated to degree level, including HND in Engineering discipline – Desirable;
• Fully proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams – Essential;
• Excellent organizational skill and keen eye for detail – Essential;
• Experience working on projects and using MS project – Desirable;
• Experience in aerospace manufacturing and AS9100 – Desirable;
What’s in it for you?
- A Competitive Salary of up to £45,000 plus a bonus scheme
- Free Parking
- Working for a fantastic business
- Pension scheme and other benefits