Job Title: Multi-Axis CNC Miller
Sector: Aerospace Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £34,571.56 Including Shift Premium
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Shifts: Mornings & Afternoons
Are you a seasoned CNC Machinist with a specialty in milling and a passion for precision engineering? Do you excel in working with exotic metals and aspire to make a significant impact within a leading aerospace company?
We’re excited to offer an exceptional opportunity that requires not just technical expertise but a commitment to outstanding teamwork and the highest standards of quality.
Our client is a prominent player in the aerospace industry, upholding stringent compliance with quality standards such as NADCAP and AS9100. This role is more than operating machinery; it represents a career path where you can excel in a setting that values quality, precision, and collaboration.
Located in Sheffield, you’ll take charge under the guidance of the Business Unit Manager, playing an essential role in managing and maintaining advanced multi-axis CNC milling machines. Your influence will extend beyond machinery operation, as you will also significantly contribute to the overarching production processes and maintain the exceptional standards our client is known for.
What you will be doing:
- CNC Machine Setup and Operation: You will be configuring and managing multi-axis CNC milling machines, working with exotic metals to craft precision aerospace components, all while adhering to specific Routing Instructions, Technique Sheets, and SOPs.
- Total Productive Maintenance: You’ll be tasked with implementing TPM to ensure the machinery operates at peak performance levels and minimizes downtime.
- Quality and Inspection: Carry out rigorous inspections of machined components using equipment like verniers, micrometers, and gauges to ensure they meet exacting standards.
- Machine Operation Proficiency: You’ll produce a diverse array of aerospace parts, operating advanced CNC milling machinery with precision and skill.
- Adherence to Standards: You are expected to consistently execute operations according to the established work routines and output requirements, ensuring all processes align with aerospace quality standards.
We are on the lookout for a highly skilled CNC Machinist specialising in milling, ready to make a notable impact in the aerospace manufacturing industry. This role is designed for a professional who brings more than technical skills to the table. We are in pursuit of an individual who combines a wealth of experience, exacting precision, and a collaborative spirit to contribute significantly to our client’s commitment to exceptional quality and performance.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Machining Expertise: At least two years of experience in CNC milling, with a proven track record within the Aerospace Sector or a related field of precision engineering.
- Qualifications and Experience: Possession of a recognised qualification in CNC operations, completion of an accredited apprenticeship scheme, or substantial direct industry experience.
- Production Prowess: A history of meeting and surmounting production targets, maintaining meticulous accuracy on complex aerospace components.
- Measurement Proficiency: Skilled in utilising various measuring tools such as verniers, micrometres, and gauges to ensure the quality of the product.
- Control Systems Acumen: Familiarity with different CNC control systems, especially Fanuc and Heidenhain, and the ability to swiftly learn and adapt to new machinery operations.
- Lean Manufacturing Awareness: An understanding of lean manufacturing principles, particularly 5S, to boost production efficiency and workplace organisation.
- Technical Interpretation: The ability to precisely read and understand technical drawings and specifications, crucial for fabricating parts to the stringent standards of the aerospace industry.
- Organisational Skills: Robust organisational abilities and effective time management are vital in navigating the demands of a dynamic production setting.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills are essential for effective teamwork and precise documentation of machining processes.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary £30,730.28 plus shift premium.
- The role is a 2-shift pattern (Mornings & Afternoons) and includes a 12.5% shift premium, taking your salary to £34,571.56.
- Overtime available.
- Free Parking.
- 185 hours holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours of holiday every year.
- Christmas shutdown where no holiday leave needs to be used.
- Access to a 5% Pension-matched employer/employee scheme.
- YuLife© app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets / Halfords / Argos / ASOS / IKEA / B&Q at the touch of a button.
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife© app.
- Bravo benefit offering discounts on things like gym membership and shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars/Critical Illness Cover.
- Annual bonus based on site/company performance.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- Working for a fantastic forward-thinking engineering business who are fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: CNC Milling, Multi-axis, Exotic Metals, Aerospace Components, TPM, Vernier, Micrometer, Gauges, SOPs, Aerospace Manufacturing, Technical Drawings, Fanuc, Heidenhain, Lean Principles, 5S, Automotive, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing. Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Worksop, Barnsley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire.