Job Title: Operations Manager (Engineering)
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £55,000 p.a
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time / 18-month contract with a review.
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based international aerospace & automotive manufacturer. We are supporting the Recruitment of an Operations Manager on an initial 18-month contract due to continued growth and projects.
As my clients Operations Manager, you will utilise your experience to providing leadership & direction for your areas of control, Business unit, driving the generation & implementation of continuous improvements to deliver the operational goals & targets. You will be tasked with:
- Lead the Health, Safety & Environmental activities. ensuring health and safety audits, near-miss reporting, risk assessments, incidents and accident investigations are conducted promptly, & actions to address any areas of concern are defined & implemented.
- Implement strategies to optimise available resources or the identification of new resources to deliver the required sales targets and financial margin in line with budget expectations.
- Organise your team, equipment & facilities to achieve non-financial KPI’s, including On Time In Full delivery, cost of quality scrap and arrears burn down.
- Financial KPI’s including overtime levels and consumable spends.
- Ensure the operational status is available to support the sales risk review planning and forecast meetings, which include any required recovery plans.
- Create strategies to maximise productivity to achieve the operational standard hours by continually seeking to improve existing working practices & setting standards to exceed targets.
- Improve the quality performance through the adherence of procedures, specifications, SOP’s & good workmanship.
- Liaise with the maintenance department to deliver preventative and planned maintenance schedules for all plant, equipment and facilities.
- Utilise performance management processes such as appraisals, gap analysis and capability procedures to assess, guide and drive the performance of your team. Providing individual support and guidance where required to create a high-performing team.
- Ensure training plans are implemented to deliver the required flexibility, utilise training skills reviews, ensuring employees are signed off and Health & Safety training reviews are held.
- Conduct process and product audits including quality to ensure compliance with applicable procedures & deploy actions to rectify areas of non-compliance.
- Ensure the introduction of new product or processes is correctly supported.
- 5 year’s experience of working in the aerospace sector.
- Experience of working within a similar role within an engineering environment.
- Experienced in leading and managing teams including conflict management.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, fabrications, welding and special processes.
- Experience in the delivery of non-financial KPI’s.
- Can manage budgets, P&L’s, EBITDA and financial KPI’s.
- Experience in delivering business improvements.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communicator and a Team player.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic salary package circa £55,000 p.a dependant on your experience
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic international business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
- 37 hours a week. (Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 1pm)
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***