Job Title: Operations Manager
Industry: Engineering (Aerospace)
Type: Full Time Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are delighted to be supporting a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace automotive manufacturer for the recruitment of an experienced Operations Manager. The company is fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do. The successful candidate will be a driving force strategically, reviewing and planning for continuous improvement to deliver the defined operational targets covering safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People to support the overall business targets. You would also provide direct customer interface and have the responsibility for the welfare, productivity, and continued harmony of all in the business unit, making strong relationship-building skills essential. You will need to be an ambassador for the company both Internally and Externally.
- To lead the Health, Safety & Environmental activities to create and sustain a safe working environment ensuring all employees, visitors and contractors comply to the site rules & regulations.
- To Manage and lead 6 Sigma activities for the Business Unit implementing improvement activities to continuously raise the standard of the department to maximise its performance.
- To ensure all equipment and facilities within the Business unit are maintained and operational.
- Work with the maintenance department to ensure all planned preventative and autonomous maintenance activities are completed in line with the schedule. Lead CAPEX activities for new and replacement equipment requirements.
- To manage and lead the Quality performance of the business unit in line with the business targets for, Scrap, Customer escapes and rework. Ensure the Hot Spot and Quality Clinic process is utilised for non-conformances to identify route cause and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- To define strategies to continuously improve the Quality performance through the adherence to defined procedures, specifications, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- To manage and lead the Cost performance of the business unit in line with the business targets for recoveries, productivity, sales, and overtime. Define and implement improvement plans to improve areas of poor performance.
- To manage and lead the Delivery Performance of the Business Unit in line with the business and customer targets for On Time In Full Delivery (OTIF) and arrears. Define and implement improvement plans to improve areas of poor performance.
- Define the resource requirements for the Business Unit in the planning and SIOP meetings and lead recruitment activities for areas of growth.
- To ensure training plans are defined and completed to deliver the required skills and flexibility within the business Unit. Hold skills matrix reviews to identify training needs.
- Utilise the performance management processes such as PDR appraisals, gap analysis and capability procedures to assess, guide and drive the performance of the team. Provide individual support and guidance to generate a high-performing team.
- Work closely with the supporting functions, Safety, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing & Planning to ensure the Business unit is enabled to deliver its KPIs.
- To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisations competencies and the expectations for the role.