Job Title: Payroll Bureau Clerk
Sector: Finance (Practice)
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract: Full Time / 3 Month Contract with possible extension
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a Sheffield based accountancy practice in the recruitment of a Payroll Bureau Clerk.
My client is looking for a candidate who has experience in working in a payroll bureau or accountancy practice and is available initially for a 3-month contract supporting the payroll function for the business.
- Manage the portfolio of payrolls for 75+ companies on a variable basis.
- A mixture of weekly and monthly payroll, from sole traders up to 150 employees.
- Use Sage 50 Cloud Payroll Software.
- Processing starters and leavers.
- Processing SSP, SMP, SPP, attachment of earnings, student loans.
- Calculating tax deductions including all statutory payments.
- Dealing with clients via telephone and email, resolving issues & queries.
- Updating tax codes.
- Year-end reconciliations/producing P60 forms.
- Distribution of payslips.
- Undertaking other appropriate payroll tasks.
- Undertaking any general payroll administration as and when required.
- At least 24 months experience working in a payroll bureau or accountancy practice.
- Experience in Sage 50 Payroll, including pension module which is essential.
- 24-month payroll experience covering the following:
- Processing weekly, 4 weekly, monthly and bi-monthly payroll.
- Running payroll for 75+ companies.
- Experience of running payroll from 1- 150 employees.
- Implementation of Auto Enrolment.
- Good IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Have a clear understanding of payroll legislation and compliance.
What’s in it for you?
- Basic salary £20,000-£24,000 per year (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- Free Parking.
- Working for a fantastic accountancy business.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
***Covid-19: We are following local government advice and taking every precaution to ensure that the health and safety of our clients, candidates and our own people are paramount. ***