PHP Developer – Sheffield
Full-time, Permanent (on-site) £30,000-40,000 a year (DOE)
We have an exciting opportunity with an established and innovative business providing fleet management and maintenance software solutions to the transport and haulage industries.
We are looking for a talented developer to add to the team as part of their planned growth for the business.
The successful candidate will join the team operating from the Sheffield office.
The position offers a salary package of between £30,000 to £40,000 per annum dependant on experience, and offers other benefits including Westfield Health Scheme, 23 days paid holiday per year + statutory days, excellent working environment, free parking.
We require an experienced candidate looking to develop new and bespoke features for thei companies industry-leading asset & vehicle management system in order to accommodate increasing demand from new and existing clients. They have a relaxed and flexible working environment within an exciting modern office.
The right candidate should embrace learning new technologies and should furthermore have the confidence to use their own knowledge and experience to enhance and progress existing features, and make improvements to the system that will benefit all of our clients.
- Writing scalable, secure, reusable and testable code
- Maintaining & optimising existing codebases in both modern and legacy PHP projects
- Managing DB systems of large scale and demand
- Contributing to all aspects of a development lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge of PHP 7/8 (OOP, MVC and use of frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or Zend)
- Good knowledge of JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember or VueJS
- Understanding of Nodejs
- Confident using MySQL
- Experience with RESTful APIs (JSON, XML)
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Good knowledge of LAMP environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Cordova
- Knowledge of PHP Smarty
- Good understanding of iOS/Android OS
- Understanding of Gulp workflow automation
- Experience with source control (ideally Git & Github)
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- eCommerce Experience
- Linux administration
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3+ years commercial experience (required)
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed & modern working environment
- Free on-site parking
- 23 days paid holiday + statutory
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular salary reviews
- In close proximity to (Nursery, Costa Coffee, Cafes, Parkway/M1 transport links)
- Potential in the future for remote working
- Performance bonus
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends