Job Title: Aerospace Quality Inspector
Sector: Aerospace Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £31,877.20 Including Shift Premium
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Shifts: Mornings & Afternoons
Are you an experienced Quality Inspector seeking to make a substantial contribution to a leading company in aerospace?
We are thrilled to present you with a fantastic opportunity that demands not only precision but a steadfast commitment to upholding the highest standards of quality. Our client sets the bar high in the industry, consistently meeting rigorous benchmarks like NADCAP and AS9100. They are continually striving for operational excellence.
This is more than just another quality inspection job; it’s an opportunity for you to excel in a role that is integral to both the company and its clients.
We are seeking an individual well-versed in inspecting incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products to align with both company and customer quality standards and procedures.
Your experience in aerospace will stand you in good stead as you undertake tasks that go beyond conventional responsibilities. You’ll be involved in carrying out measurements using FARO arm equipment, interpreting drawings, and participating in essential audits, among other duties.
What you will be doing:
- You will visually and dimensionally inspect incoming, work in progress and finished parts, making sure they meet internal company and customer specifications.
- Conduct inspections using manual inspection methods (Vernier, Micrometer, plug gauges etc.)
- Measure final assembly parts utilising FARO arm equipment, ensuring results are recorded.
- Be able to understand and interpret Customer Specifications and Technical drawings.
- Report any non-conforming parts through the correct process.
- Assist in developing Quality conscious culture alongside the management team by leading by example.
- Proven experience in Quality Inspection.
- Ideally 12 months of experience in Aerospace or a similar sector.
- Experience with inspection methods (Vernier, Micrometre etc.)
- Experience with FARO arm would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary £31,877.20 (Including shift premium)
- Working mornings & afternoon shifts with an earlier finish on a Friday (37-hour week).
- Free Parking.
- 185 hours holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours of holiday every year.
- Christmas closedown where no holiday leave needs to be used.
- Access to a 5% Pension-matched employer/employee scheme.
- YuLife© app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets / Halfords / Argos / ASOS / IKEA / B&Q at the touch of a button.
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife© app.
- Bravo benefit discounts on gym memberships/shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars/Critical Illness Cover.
- Annual bonus based on site/company performance.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- Working for a fantastic forward-thinking engineering business who are fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do.
For more information, please contact our Sheffield Team on
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Exhaust Inspector, Quality Inspector, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, FARO arm, Vernier, Micrometre, plug gauges, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Doncaster, Worksop, Mansfield, Derby, Barnsley, Rotherham, Yorkshire.