Job Title: Senior Buyer
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 p.a depending on experience
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a global aerospace engineering business based in Sheffield in the recruitment of an experienced Senior Buyer on a permanent basis.
As my client’s Senior Buyer, you will utilise your technical experience to support the Head of Supply Chain, which includes supporting the strategic direction of the operation, working closely with both internal departments (Quality and Engineering teams) and suppliers.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical capability, who has experience of working with technical engineering drawings and specifications. You will also be well versed in evaluating and negotiating terms with suppliers and have previous experience of working within the aerospace sector.
Your tasks will include:
• Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Purchasing and Engineering functions to improve manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
• Responsible for negotiating, evaluating and managing key suppliers and stakeholders.
• Leading supplier negotiations regarding assigned products, which includes raw materials and sub-contracting.
• Identify savings for the business in line with the business strategic objectives.
• Be part of the senior team and support additional procurement projects and bids.
• Producing and reporting on weekly and monthly KPIs. (OTIF, savings, etc.)
• Liaising with suppliers on any performance issues.
• Lead on supplier reviews and provide reports to the senior leadership team.
• Experience in the aerospace sector.
• Previous experience of working within a direct procurement role.
• Strategic procurement experience.
• Managed project and bid process.
• Knowledge of procurement contract law.
• Previous experience in supply chain improvements and cost-saving delivery.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
• Solid understanding of technical engineering drawings.
• Confident and effective communicator at all levels.
• Thorough understanding of MRP systems.
• CIPS/Studying for CIPS or relevant experience.
What is in it for you?
• A fantastic package with a salary of £35,000 – £40,000 dependant on your experience.
• Free parking.
• Generous holiday allowance.
• Working for this fantastic aerospace business.
• Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
• 37 hours a week. (Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 1pm)
• Early finish on a Friday.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. If you are interested and match the specific criteria, we would like to hear from you. Please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
Keywords: CIPS, Supply chain, Procurement, Technical procurement, Lean Manufacturing, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Technical buyer, lead buyer, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing. Sheffield, South Yorkshire.