Job Title: Senior Caseworker & Reach-In worker (Charity/3rd Sector)
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday – Friday
Benefits: £25,000 pro-rata; 4% contribution to autoenrollment pension scheme, health and wellbeing package, 25 days Annual Leave (+BH)
Contract: Permanent, 1-year contract
Verus Recruitment are pleased to be supporting a fantastic Sheffield based charity in the recruitment of a Female* Senior Caseworker & Reach-In worker
*Please note that due to the nature of this post, this is a female-only position in accordance with The Equality Act 2010, Part 1
If you are passionate about social justice and want to share your drive for survivors of trafficking to receive high standards of support around the UK, then we may have your dream job.
You will become part of a vibrant team who are in the job to bring real and lasting change to both my client’s direct beneficiaries and the national and international field. Your input will ensure that the beneficiaries with complex needs, receive the highest standard of support and advocacy. You will also provide emotional and practical supervision to trained volunteers who deliver direct support to individuals. You will also help the team to deliver the new ‘Reach-In Service’ under the victim care contract.
My client is looking for a passionate individual with relevant training and experience to support survivors of trafficking with independent living, legal challenges, psycho-social needs and future plans.
You will be responsible for providing holistic, empowering support to survivors of human trafficking with complex needs; including but not limited to:
- Identify through assessment needs and strengths of clients and create and implementing individual support plans.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and organised records using relevant recording methods.
- Liaising in a professional manner with other relevant agencies such as police, solicitors, doctors, housing etc.
- Attend multi-agency meetings and represent our charity at a community level, upholding the values of the organisation.
- Ability to assess and manage risk, knowing how to provide crisis intervention and/or prevention support ensuring people are protected from harm, while protecting their human rights.
- Respond appropriately to safeguarding disclosures, making referrals to statutory services where necessary, and take the lead on safeguarding referrals where neglect, abuse or exploitation is suspected.
- Provide professional and critical insight in discussing complex case arrangements in situations which involve risk, complexity and safety of service users, volunteers and others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with a range of different people.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and complete them efficiently.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Values integrity and transparency.
- Values collaboration and can give and receive feedback.
- A degree in a relevant field such as social work, counselling, psychology/sociology, law or at least 3 -5 years of experience in a similar field.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working with vulnerable people, BAME community, Asylum seekers and/or refugees in the community.
- Experience working with individualised care plans.
- Experience supervising others, confidence giving and receiving feedback in a supervisory role.
- Experience dealing with safeguarding issues.
- Knowledge of the complex issues surrounding vulnerable adults/refugees and asylum seekers.
- Experience working with interpreters.
- Working with survivors of human trafficking in the community.
- Knowledge of the UK systems that surround trafficking.
- Working knowledge of empowering support.
My client will offer a supportive and fun team environment, CPD training opportunities, individual support with health and wellbeing and a 4% contribution to the pension autoenrollment.
If you would like to be considered, then please submit your C.V and one of our team will get in touch with you. You will be provided you with an application pack, which will need completing and returned directly to the charity before 9am on the 29th December 2020. My client will then conduct interviews for successful applicants:
Closing date: Tuesday 29th December 2020 at 9am.
Interview dates: Stage 1: 5th January 2021, Stage 2 (if applicable): 8th January 2021. Please note, interviews are likely to held virtually via zoom due to the current situation.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***