Service Desk Analyst
Salary: 18-22k (DOE)
Verus Recruitment is pleased to be supporting a fantastic North Nottinghamshire based IT business in the recruitment of a Service Desk Analyst. You will have the opportunity to be trained and develop your career in Cyber Security. If you come from a help-desk/ service desk background and want to progress your career within a more specialist environment, then this role is for you.
You will be providing service desk support services for a variety of security and SAM solutions. The role requires support by telephone/remote. You will be provided with training and support, with the opportunity to develop within the company.
- Own all aspects of IT support, internal system monitoring, maintenance and reporting including:
- Logging, prioritisation and escalation of all internal and customer IT support issues and requests.
- Resolution of 1st/2nd line support issues and requests via telephone or remote support
- Escalation of any 2nd/3rd line support issues where appropriate either internally or to vendor support.
- Monitoring and maintenance of all internal systems.
- Management of all internal and external system reporting.
- Understanding/experience of ITIL Incident and Service Request Management processes.
- Be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of operating systems including Windows Server & Desktop and if possible, Mac OS or Linux.
- Have experience of troubleshooting PC/Server Hardware, Software and networking issues.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and be able to communicate at all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Highly organised and focused.
- A problem solver with a flexible attitude to work.
- Be able to work shifts with extended hours on occasion (usual shift patterns 8-4 and 10-6).
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Experience of:
- ITIL Problem Management, Change Management and Knowledge Management processes
- ITSM toolsets e.g. Jira ServiceDesk
- Exchange Server/Office 365, SQL, and IIS
- Installing and configuring Routers, Firewall and Switches
- Installing and configuring server-based application solutions
- Virtualisation, Hyper-V, VMware and cloud Infrastructure
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords – Service Desk, Helpdesk, 1st Line Support, IT Helpdesk, IT Engineer, IT Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Cyber Security.