Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £25700 p.a + 12.5% shift allowance.
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire based international aerospace & automotive manufacturer. We are supporting the Recruitment of a Sheet Metal Worker on a full-time basis due to continued growth and projects.
As my clients Sheet Metal Worker, you will be responsible for the operation the Super Plastic Forming (SPF) presses and complete the required sheet metal work and dressing activities.
- To set up and operate the SPF presses.
- To perform sheet metal work activities on machined and fabricated parts including abrading, drilling, deburring, installing inserts.
- Maintain work area, equipment, and records to be audit ready.
- Ensure autonomous maintenance checks are completed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To have the ability to understand and interpret Customer Specifications and Technical drawings.
- To ensure all operations are completed conforming to route card requirements and logged correctly in accordance with NADCAP requirements.
- To work to Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s)
- To highlight/report any non-conforming parts through Hotspot process.
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation or work,
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- Understand and follow all company and department H&S policies and safety procedures including the wearing use of relevant safety equipment and PPE provided.
- Report to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, requested, or needed.
- Experience of SPF press operation – Desirable
- Sheet metal work experience across a broad range of products and programs – Desirable
- Experience of dressing and finishing machined and fabricated parts – Desirable
- Experience of fitting inserts, riveting – Desirable
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a starting salary of £25,700.94 after passing probation and a 12.5% shift premium on top.
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
- Days and Afternoon shift pattern.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***