Job Title: Sheet Metal Worker
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £31,877.00 including shift premium.
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contract: Full Time / Permanent / Days & Afternoons.
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a South Yorkshire-based international aerospace manufacturer We’re on the lookout for a talented Sheet Metal Worker to join their dynamic team full-time, thanks to their incredible growth and exciting projects.
As my client’s Sheet Metal Worker, you will be responsible for fabricating, assembling and installing a variety of sheet metal products and dressing activities.
What you will be doing:
- Perform sheet metal work activities on fabricated parts, including utilizing assembly fixtures, abrading, drilling, deburring, fitting inserts, and general sheet metal work activities.
- Maintain work area, equipment, and records to be audit-ready.
- Ensure Autonomous maintenance checks are completed.
- Understand and interpret Customer Specifications and Technical drawings.
- Ensure all operations are completed conforming to route card requirements and logged correctly in accordance with NADCAP requirements.
- Work to Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s).
- Highlight/report any non-conforming parts throughout the process.
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation or work.
- Continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- Other duties as assigned, requested, or needed.
- Sheet metal work experience across a broad range of products.
- Experience in dressing and finishing fabricated parts.
- Experience in Assembly tooling, drilling, marking out, fitting inserts, and riveting.
- Experience in Stretch Form, brake pressing, Guillotine, and Bandsaw.
- Basic understanding of lean principles (5S).
- Experience in working to production targets.
- Quality conscious.
- Able to work accurately in a busy environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Excellent teamwork ethic.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to do the required shift pattern (Days & Afternoons)
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a starting salary of £31,877.00 including shift premium.
- 37 hours a week with a short day Friday.
- 185 hours of holiday to book with the opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours every March.
- All bank holidays on top of the above. Christmas closedown where no holiday leave needs to be used – it is paid for on top of holiday entitlement which equates to an additional 3 days holiday.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- A well-equipped Employee Assistance Programme including counselling with up to 2 rounds of 6 personal sessions a year.
- YuLife app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets/Halfords/Argos/ASOS/IKEA/B&Q at the touch of a button.
- 5% company contribution Pension (with the opportunity to match or contribute more if you want)
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife ap.
- Bravo benefit discounts on gym memberships/shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars.
- Critical Illness Cover.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Sheet Metal Worker, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.