Social Media & Community Manager
Location: Sheffield, UK
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 (Depending on experience)
Permanent- Full Time
Our client, an exciting independent AAA games development house based in Sheffield, is expanding rapidly and we are keen to talk to experienced Community Managers. whether you come from a AAA Games studio role or you are passionate about making games, esports and loves Boxing!
We would like to hear from you!
As the Social Media & Community Manager, you will develop and nurture new connections between my client’s game teams and their players. You will be responsible for creating and implementing some fantastic community engagement programs, creating fantastic content, speaking with their player base in forums and other social media platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a passion for Boxing and wants to be part of something BIG!
We are looking for someone who is an expert at a wide variety of social media platforms and tools and you will be responsible for managing and developing the company’s/games presence on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other strategically relevant platforms.
You will also need to be an outstanding communicator and someone who is a passionate individual with a proven record of successful videogame community engagement.
- Be familiar with a wide variety of social media platforms and tools and will be responsible for creating, managing and growing our presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant platforms.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator both written and verbally, as you will be required to create engaging content for our community channels and be the key liaison between our players and our internal team.
- You will also proactively seek out opportunities to grow and expand our community and report regularly on engagement, performance and other metrics.
- 2 years +experience working in interactive entertainment, digital/social media, community/content management, and/or online gaming.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present data to the lead team.
- Experienced in managing Social Media channels, such as Twitter, Forums, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Discord.
- High flexibility to deal with changes and pressure on short notice.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of and passion for esports and boxing.
- Highly organised, proactive, and a positive attitude.
- A strong collaborative & inclusive mindset – with a drive to succeed at a team level as well as on an individual basis.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What would make you stand out:
- Some technical skills, such as HTML, Markdown, Photoshop, knowledge of back-office tools for Web and/or Social Media.
- Flexible working hours.
- Plenty of social events.
We are looking for an individual who can grow with our client and be part of a vibrant, energetic office. They are located in Sheffield, a green, modern cityscape set against the stunning backdrop of the Peak District National Park. Sheffield also has a thriving cultural scene boasting award-winning theatre, beer, music, festivals, street art and so much more.
Keywords: Community Manager, Esports, AAA Games, Games Jobs, Jobs in Games, Social Media Manager, Sheffield, Rotherham, Leeds, Doncaster, Barnsley, Wakefield, South Yorkshire, Yorkshire.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
My client is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.