Job Title: Aerospace TIG Welder
Sector: Aerospace Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £31,877.21 Including Shift Premium
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Shifts: Mornings and Afternoons
Are you a seasoned TIG Welder with expertise in fabrication and assembly, skilled in various welding techniques? Do you excel in working with precision engineering and aspire to make a significant impact within a leading aerospace company?
We’re excited to offer an exceptional opportunity that requires not just technical expertise but a commitment to outstanding teamwork and the highest standards of quality.
Our client is a key figure in the aerospace industry, upholding stringent compliance with quality standards such as NADCAP and AS9100. This role is more than welding; it represents a career path where you can excel in a setting that values quality, precision, and collaboration.
Located in Sheffield, you’ll take charge under the guidance of the Business Unit Manager, playing an essential role in managing and maintaining advanced welding operations. Your influence will extend beyond welding, as you will also significantly contribute to the overarching production processes and maintain the exceptional standards our client is known for.
What you will be doing:
- Operating Semi-Automated Welding Equipment: You will be required to work on advanced semi-automated welding machinery, focusing on both circumferential and longitudinal welds. This demands a high level of skill and precision in operating the equipment.
- Manual TIG Welding: In addition to machinery, you will perform manual TIG welding for assembly and repairs, showcasing your versatility and expertise in various welding techniques.
- Technical Drawing Interpretation: You need the ability to understand and accurately interpret technical drawings, crucial for fabricating components to exact specifications.
- Maintaining Quality Standards: Your operations must comply with NADCAP and AS9100 standards, reflecting our commitment to high-quality aerospace manufacturing processes.
- Continuous Improvement: You are expected to continually seek ways to improve existing working practices, striving to exceed targets and standards set, thereby contributing to the company’s culture of excellence and innovation.
- Additional Duties: You may be required to carry out other duties as deemed appropriate for the role, showcasing flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic work environment.
We are looking for a highly skilled Welder, ready to make a notable impact in the aerospace manufacturing industry. This role is suited for a professional who combines technical skills with a collaborative spirit, contributing significantly to our client’s commitment to exceptional quality and performance.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Welding Expertise: At least two years of experience in various welding techniques, preferably within the Aerospace Sector or a related field of precision engineering.
- Qualifications and Experience: Recognised qualification in welding, completion of an accredited apprenticeship scheme, or substantial direct industry experience.
- Production Efficiency: A history of meeting production targets, maintaining accuracy in complex aerospace components.
- Measurement Proficiency: Skilled in using measuring tools to ensure product quality.
- Technical Interpretation: Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Organisational Skills: Strong organisational abilities and effective time management.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills for teamwork and process documentation.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary £28,335.29 plus shift premium.
- The role is a 2-shift pattern (Mornings & Afternoons) and includes a 12.5% shift premium, taking your salary to £31,877.20.
- Overtime available.
- Free Parking.
- 185 hours holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to buy an additional 37 hours or sell 37 hours of holiday every year.
- Christmas shutdown where no holiday leave needs to be used.
- Access to a 5% Pension-matched employer/employee scheme.
- YuLife© app to earn coins for every step/cycling/meditation minute you complete in a day which turns into vouchers for Amazon/all major supermarkets / Halfords / Argos / ASOS / IKEA / B&Q at the touch of a button.
- Access to a GP 24/7 through our YuLife© app.
- Bravo benefit offering discounts on things like gym membership and shopping.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric/Hybrid Cars/Critical Illness Cover.
- Annual bonus based on site/company performance.
- Free Vend Friday – on hot drinks in the canteen paid for by the company.
- Working for a fantastic forward-thinking engineering business who are fast-paced and forward-thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything they do.
For more information, please get in touch with our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Welding, TIG, MIG, Fabrication, Aerospace Components, Quality Control, Technical Drawings, Aerospace Manufacturing, Engineering, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Worksop, Barnsley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire.