Unity Programmer/Developer (Game Development)
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 p.a (DOE)
Our client, an independent AAA games development house based in Sheffield, is expanding rapidly and we are keen to talk to experienced Unity Developers. We are looking for someone ideally with experience in Physics and Multiplayer. So if this is you, we would like to hear from you.
The Programming role will hold up the technical backbone of my client’s game and provide the development team with technical solutions to carry out their vision and intention for the title.
You will use established Games Industry Middleware for AAA titles to make your tasks easier.
Writing quality code must be as natural to you as you won’t just be a small cog in a big machine, you’ll make a huge difference.
- Be a key part of the development team.
- Ensure a stable development environment, with code, art & design pipelines merged seamlessly.
- Be responsible for planning accurate task list work in MS Project, Trello etc. for Sprints and Milestones delivered on time.
- Write high-quality code to fulfil the high potential expectation for this title.
- Champion coding standards across cross-platform development for PlayStation, Xbox & PC.
- Find and fix complex bugs in any area of the product.
- Write 1st class enemy AI, Collision detection, Physics or Graphical code.
- Lead the Multiplayer online codebase successfully merging Sony & Microsoft APIs with Industry-leading middleware on each platform.
- Be able to work with new tools, integrating them into the pipeline to instil new feature sets into the games.
- Expert level of troubleshooting, particularly the codebase, art pipeline and logic flow of the game.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar (or equivalent Industry level experience on AAA titles).
- Games Development experience.
- Ability to work with production schedules and technical documentation.
- Ability to communicate cross-discipline on technical subjects to ensure clear and concise requirements are understood by all for planned work.
- Knowledge/experience developing games with
- C# knowledge including games architecture and optimization experience.
- Debugging and optimisation skills ready for the product entering QA and to Market.
- Unity Engine Experience.
- Experience developing games on different platforms – Xbox One, PS4, PC.
- Unreal Engine, CryEngine, Frostbite or similar is desirable.
What would make you stand out:
- Ability to prototype and introduce new technical solutions.
- Perforce version control, CVS or similar version control systems.
- Excellent C# and/or C++ programming skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- Plenty of social events.
We are looking for an individual who can help grow my client’s company and be part of a vibrant, energetic office. They are located in Sheffield, a green, modern cityscape set against the stunning backdrop of the Peak District National Park. Sheffield also has a thriving cultural scene boasting award-winning theatre, beer, music, festivals, street art and so much more.
Keywords: Programmer, Games Programmer, Games Developer, Game Developer, AI Programmer, Network Programmer, Rendering Programmer, Unreal Programmer, Senior Unity Programmer, Unity Programmer, Unreal Engine, Unity, Lead Games Developer, Lead Game Developer, Lead AI Programmer, Lead Network Programmer, Lead Rendering Programmer, Lead Unreal Programmer, Lead Unity Programmer.
Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
My client is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.