Job Title: Welder (Fixed Contract)
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £25,700 – £26,181 p.a increasing to £28,913.56 after 3 month probation
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contract: Fixed Contract
Our clients a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace & automotive manufacturer, are looking for an immediate start Welder on a fixed-term full-time contract.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Welding processes, working to efficient standards in a safe and timely manner.
- To perform welding work and activities on machined and fabricated parts.
- Maintain work area, equipment, and records to be audit-ready.
- Ensure autonomous maintenance checks are completed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You are required to work to Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s)
- To have the ability to understand and interpret Technical drawings.
- To carry out operations to NADCAP and AS9100 standards.
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation or work, including relevant safety equipment and protective clothing provided.
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisation’s competencies and the expectations for the role through:
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices.
- Complying with Company Health & Safety standards by developing a personal concern for the safety of themselves and others.
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
- Apprentice trained welder.
- 3 years of welding experience in an Aerospace background
- 5 years plus preferred in Tig Welding Butt and Fillet joints of 0.7mm – 2.0mm exotic alloys such as Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel, in the aerospace or similar industry.
- Good Knowledge of Nadcap Welding requirements
- Res-welding experience
- Semi-Automated welding experience
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a starting salary of £25,700.94 and a 12.5% shift premium on top.
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
- Days and Afternoon shift pattern.
For more information, please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: Coded Welding, Stainless Steel, Pipework Fabrication, Onsite Coded Welding, Welder, Fabricator, Aluminium Welding, Welding, Fabrication, Resistance Welding, Engineering, Metal Fabrication, Sheet Metal, Steel Fabrication, Metal Fabricator, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Mansfield, Worksop, Barnsley, Chesterfield.